Colonel Michael R. Stolley is the Commander of the 306th Flying
Training Group, 12th Flying Training Wing, United States Air Force
Academy, Colorado. The 306th Flying Training Group provides
soaring, parachuting and powered flight as character building
operations focused on enhancing the airmanship and leadership of
USAFA and Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets. The group also
provides flight training for all Air Force officers scheduled to enter
Pilot, Combat Systems Operator, and Remotely Piloted Aircraft
training. On an annual basis the 306th Flying Training Group trains
more than 4,000 cadets and officers while operating the USAF's
busiest visual flight rules airfield (operated only during
Col. Stolley is a 1999 graduate of the United States Air Force
Academy where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Operations
Research. Prior to his current assignment Col. Stolley served as the
commander of Cadet Group Four, USAFA, where he was responsible for
motivating, training, and developing 1,100 cadets annually,
culminating in an undergraduate degree and commission in the U.S. Air Force.
Col. Stolley is a Command Pilot with over 3,200 hours in the F-16, MQ-1, and MQ-9.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Operations Research, USAFA, Colo.
2007 USAF Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Masters of Business Administration, Arizona State University, Phoenix, Ariz.
2009 USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2012 Masters of Military Operational Art and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air Command and Staff College, Non-Residence
1. June 1999 - January 2000, Assistant Baseball Coach, USAFA, Colo.
2. January 2000 – June 2001, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. June 2001 – February 2002, Student, F-16 Initial Qualification Training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. February 2002 – December 2004, Assistant Chief of Scheduling, Electronic Combat Pilot, 77th Fighter
Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. December 2004 – April 2008, Chief Squadron Weapons and Tactics, Chief of Standardization and
Evaluation, Flight Commander, 15th Reconnaissance Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
6. April 2008 – August 2011 - Weapons School Instructor, Flight Commander, Assistant Director of
Operations, 26th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. August 2011 – June 2012, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2012 – July 2014, Chief of Foreign Disclosure, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. July 2014 – June 2016, Director of Operations, 26th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. June 2016 – June 2018, Commander, 26th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. June 2018 – June 2019, Student, Grand Strategy Seminar, Air War College, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
12. June 2019 – July 2021, Commander, Cadet Group Four, USAFA, Colo.
13. July 2021 – Present, Commander, 306th Flying Training Group, USAFA, Colo.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,200
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, F-16, MQ-1, MQ-9
Primary aircraft: MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 2 June 1999
First Lieutenant 2 June 2001
Captain 2 June 2003
Major 1 January 2009
Lieutenant Colonel 1 June 2014
Colonel 1 July 2020
(Current as of July 2021)