Chief Master Sergeant Jason M. Dahlquist is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 12th Flying Training Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. The wing is the “Source of America's Airpower” and consists of three flying groups and a maintenance group spanning more than 1,400 miles with units located at JBSA-Randolph, TX, Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL and the US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO. The wing is responsible for four single-source aviation pipelines and operates 284 aircraft across four geographically separated locations, executing 545 sorties daily, training over 3,700 students annually. Chief Dahlquist executes the commander’s intent and advises the senior staff on all matters affecting the training, education, readiness, effective utilization, health, welfare and morale of 1,851 permanently assigned officer, enlisted and civilian personnel. As a lead mission partner for the Department of Defense’s largest joint base, Chief DAHLQUIST represents the wing on civic and installation committees and councils in unifying quality of life efforts for over 80,000 personnel and their families assigned to Joint Base San Antonio.
Chief Dahlquist is from the South Shore of Massachusetts and initially entered the Air Force in December 1990. Upon completion of Basic Military Training, he graduated Law Enforcement Specialist Technical Training in 1991. In June 2000 he had a break in service and re-entered the Air Force after 9/11 in October 2001. His previous Air Force background includes various duties spanning the Security Forces, Air Force Recruiting Service, Mental Health, and First Sergeant career fields.
1991 Law Enforcement Specialist Apprentice Course, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1995 Airman Leadership School, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2003 Associates Degree, Police Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Force Recruiting School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Associates Degree, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2006 Mental Health Services Apprentice Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2008 Associates Degree, Mental Health Services, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Course 14, by correspondence
2009 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Gunter Annex-Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex-Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Summa Cum Laude), Trident University International, Cypress, Calif.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II (by correspondence)
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Gunter Annex-Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. May 1991 - May 1993, Base Entry Controller, 401st Security Police Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
2. June 1993 - June 1996, Security Police Flight Sergeant, Det 1, 15th Support Group, Bellows Air Force Station, Hawaii
3. July 1996 - June 1999, Security Forces Flight Chief, 425th Air Base Squadron, Izmir AS, Turkey
4. June 1999 - June 2000, Flight Security Controller, 741st Missile Security Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, N.D.
5. June 2000 - October 2001, Break in Service
6. October 2001 - August 2003, NCOIC, Reports and Analysis, 12th Security Forces Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. August 2003 - August 2006, Enlisted Accession Recruiter, 319th Recruiting Squadron, Framingham, Mass.
8. December 2006 - August 2009, Flight Chief, 436th Medical Operations Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
9. August 2008 - January 2009, Contingency Aeromedical Staging Facility Mental Health Technician, Southwest Asia
10. October 2009 - August 2011, First Sergeant, 43rd Force Support Squadron/2nd Airlift Squadrons, Pope AFB, N.C.
11. August 2011 - September 2013, First Sergeant, 319th Recruiting Squadron, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
12. September 2013 - November 2017, Basic Military Training First Sergeant, 324th/326th Training Squadrons, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
13. December 2017 - May 2019, Superintendent, 27th Special Operations Medical Group, Cannon AFB, N.M.
14. May 2019 - Present, Command Chief, 12th Flying Training Wing, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
2004 Air Force Recruiting Service Senior Recruiter Badge
2005 Air Force Recruiting Service Senior Recruiter Badge
2007 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 436th Medical Operations Squadron
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 436th Medical Operations Squadron
2010 First Sergeant of the Year, 43d Airlift Wing
2015 Lance P. Sijan, Senior Noncommissioned Officer, 737th Training Group
2016 Air Education and Training Command 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year
2016 First Sergeant of the Year, United States Air Force
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant February 1, 2017
(Current as of May 2019)